2009-01-20

Week menu - Monday

Food is expensive in Sweden. That's life. But this evening I tried to do a smart food shopping. I riffled through some of my cooking books and made a week menu. According to this menu, I wrote a list of products and went shopping. A sum in the bill was a bit smaller than previous times, when I was shopping everything which I liked strolling between the store shelves and only at home thinking of what I could make out of all the products I bought.

The week menu:
Monday - Pork karrè in Italian way
Tuesday - Spinach pasta
Wednesday - Roasted carrots with famous Swedish meat balls
Thursday - Fisherman's pasta
Friday - Cheese and spring onion pie and Nut roll
Saturday - Oven baked pancake and Easy Pear Tart
Sunday - Roasted chicken with almond potatoes

Pork karrè in Italian way recipe I took from Allt om Mat magazines website. As always I did it my way. Sinatra's song should be my motto in the kitchen :) In fact, quite an idea for Villa Alps kitchen! I was thinking to put some text wall vinyls, but had no text or room decided.

I used:
4 pieces of karrè
2 big carrots
3 garlic cloves
100 ml cream (15% fat)
salt, pepper and marjoram


Peel the carrots and slice them in strips. Put them into a glass form for oven. Put meat on the carrots, sift with salt, pepper and generous of marjoram. Pour the cream. Cover with foil if your form does not have a cover. Roast in the middle of oven in 180º C for 70 min.
Serve it with cooked haricot beans and fresh sweet peas. Your favorite sauce shall do.

Unfortunately no photos for this recipe as Arvidas did not allow to take any, requesting much attention for himself. Hope he is more blog-friendly guy tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment